Fellowship in Neonatology offered by NNF
Bedi Hospital Neonatal unit is awarded level II-B accredited by NNF (National Neonatology Forum). NNF fellowship in Neonatal training commencing every year in the month of January and September.
We invite applications for fellowship courses in Neonatology for doctors and nurses commencing from Jan/Feb 2018.
||No. of Seats
||NNF Fellowship for Doctors
||12 months for MD/DNB & 18 months for DCH
||NNF Nursing Fellowship
||12 months for B.Sc & 18 months for GNM
For more details contact at Dr Vikram Bedi: 8692022534, Ms Shweta: 7973697492
Neonatal ICU of Bedi Hospital is a 12 bedded tertiary level unit well equipped with state of the Art equipment to provide high quality and sophisticated intensive care to critically sick new born babies. It is accredited by National Neonatology Forum. The unit has 4 Ventilators with facility of High Frequency Ventilation. There is in-house provision of Colour Doppler, Ultrasound, Blood gas analyses and laboratory services (24x7).The unit has advanced ambulance fully equipped to transport neonates upto a distance of 250 km. the transport team includes pediatrician and trained nursing staff. Bedi Hospital is a child & maternity hospital set up in 1999. It is a referral centre for high risk pregnancy, new born & premature care for government & private hospital in the tricity vicinity.
Objective of Fellowship Program
After completing the Neonatology Fellowship course the trainee will be able to
Provide primary, secondary, and tertiary care to all newborn infants including intensive care of a high standard to the critically sick neonates and very low birth weight infants using advanced therapeutic and supportive modalities and skills. In this regard:
- He/she will also be able to effectively plan therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive & promotive measures or strategies & protocols.
He/she will have the ability to set up level II and level III Neonatal units independently.
- He/she will demonstrate empathy & humane approach towards patients & their families & exhibit
- He/she will exhibit communication skills of high order and demonstrate compassionate attributes in the field of Neonatology.
- He / she will use and maintain the essential neonatal equipment and keep abreast with advances in neonatal care technology.
- The trainee will be able to seek analyze new literature and information on Neonatology, update the concepts, and practice evidence based Neonatology. Demonstrate adequate managerial skills.
- Participate in the community programs and at the secondary level of health system and play the assigned role in the national programs aimed at the health of mothers and their infants.
- He / she would work as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team consisting of obstetricians, neonatologists, pediatric surgeons, other doctors, nurses and grassroots functionaries providing care to the pregnant mother, the fetus and newborn in any setting of health care system.
Our NICU is managed by a team of highly experienced consultant and dedicated nursing staff.
DR RS BEDI (DCH, MD) (Director)
DR GAGAN MAHAJAN (MD, DM)(HOD)
DR VIKRAM BEDI (MD)
DR DEEPA ARORA (DCH)
DR FAZILLA MISTRY (DCH)
DR NS SANDHU (MCH, PAEDIATRIC SURGEON)
DR TARANDEEP SINGH (MD, DM CARDIOLOGY)
DR NISHAT BANSAL (DNB, FMRF, FVRF, FICO, VITREA-RETINAL SURGEON)
DR RAVI KANT KUMAR (B.A.S.L.P) Audio cum speech therapist.
The selection criteria are strictly on merit basis .The stipend is according to the recommendations by the management. There is no additional fee taken. The selection criteria are strictly on merit basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
As fixed by institute, they will be required to perform such work as may be needed in the legitimate interest of patient care, teaching, training and research.
Application Form For Doctors Trainee Fellowship
Application Form For Nursing Trainee Fellowship
Details of Interview process
- Walk In – Interview
- Practical examination and interview is conducted by panel of consultants. No written examination is taken.
For more details regarding last date of application form and interview
date please call on the following numbers: Dr Vikram Bedi: 8692022534, Ms Shweta: 7973697492