Physiotherapy - Maternity
Once your baby has arrived the physiotherapy team will see you on the maternity ward to answer any questions, and to offer advice to get you comfortable, mobile, and active.
We also offer a post-delivery outpatient appointment with an experienced physiotherapist to ensure you are recovering well. This would be suggested around 6 weeks post-delivery and is open to all to attend.
Post-delivery problems, if any, such as:
- Urinary leakage on activities such as coughing, sneezing or lifting
- Difficulty controlling wind, bowel urgency, bowel control issues
- A heavy and / or uncomfortable feeling in the perineal or vaginal area
- Perineal discomfort following delivery or stitches, pain with sex
- Abdominal discomfort following Caesarean Section, or from gapping in the tummy muscles
- Advice and information about scar massage
*We also offer advice regarding activity and exercise in pregnancy if you have questions about how much exercise to do, or what type of activity you want to carry on with during your pregnancy.
Physiotherapy - Gynaecology
We recommend a 1:1 individual physiotherapy assessment to ensure you get the advice you need tailored for you specifically.
Our inpatient physiotherapy team are available daily to offer assistance and advice following any major gynaecology procedure.
problems such as
- Urinary leakage on activities such as coughing, sneezing or lifting (stress incontinence)
- Difficulty controlling wind, bowel urgency, bowel control issues, difficulty with constipation or passing stool
- A heavy and / or uncomfortable feeling in the perineal or vaginal area (possible prolapse)
- Perineal discomfort, pain with sex
- Abdominal / vaginal discomfort following surgery
- Pelvic pain
- Pre-and post-surgery e.g. hysterectomy, myomectomy
- Lower back or joint pain related to the menopause
- Safe exercise advice
- Advice on scar massage
are also effectively dealt with by our expert physiotherapist.