Advanced Infertility Course
Duration: 12 Months
- Doctors specialized in Obstetrics and Gynecology MD/MS/DGO.
- Physicians interested in performing OI (Ovulation Induction) & IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) procedures using stimulation with gonadotropins.
- Clinicians interested in gaining knowledge in trans-vaginal ultrasound for follicular tracking.
- To acquire competence in evaluation and work up of patients with fertility problems
- To achieve competence in formulation of strategies to manage patients with subfertility
- To develop competence in performing IUI
- To gain in-depth knowledge of stimulation protocols
- To learn preventive steps, Diagnosis and Management of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- To assist in performing ovum pick-ups (OPUs) and fresh/ frozen embryo transfers (ETs)
- To demonstrate competency in performing diagnostic Hysteroscopies, minimal surgical procedures
- To observe laboratory procedures in IVF lab such as semen preparation for IUI, IVF, ICSI
- To achieve competence in managing donor egg /donor sperm programs and surrogacy
- To understand procedure of sperm and embryo cryopreservation and thawing.
- To get an understanding setting up of an IVF unit
- To get an exposure to the procurement procedures for consumables and disposables
- To gain knowledge of digital documentation of procedures and record keeping in an IVF set-up
- To Submit a research project/clinical audit as per topic given by mentor
- State of the art Lab facilities
- Live demonstration of Lab and OT procedures for training purposes
- Structured course layout for comprehensive training.
Participants will get Fellowship certificate from Bedi Hospital in association with IMA AMS
Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Gynecology
Duration: 12 Months
To provide adequate knowledge for safe Laparoscopic Advanced Surgeries. The idea of this
course is to help the participants get familiar with procedures like Total Laparoscopic
Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Myomectomy and Endometriosis. The participants will be also
extensive hands-on practice to develop hand eye co-ordination, Port Geometry, Dissection and Suturing in the Simulation and Wet Laboratory required in Advanced Laparoscopic surgeries.
Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, each participant should:
- Understand the safe use of Energy Sources and Vessel Sealing Devices
- Be able to perform Intra and Extra Corporeal Suturing
- Understand the prevention and management of complications in Laparoscopy.
An important aspect of this course is to formulate a checklist to prevent potential complications in Laparoscopic Surgeries.
Why should attend the Course:
- Gynecologists with basic surgical skills should attend to broaden their repertoire of Laparoscopic
- Surgical Interventions, understand energy sources in Laparoscopy and learn Laparoscopic Suturing
- Gynecologists with Laparoscopic Surgical Skills should attend to observe a particular advanced
- procedure demonstrated like Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Myomectomy, Lymphadenectomy etc.
- Senior Gynecology residents should attend to be introduced to Minimal Access Surgical Skills that will lead to a proficiency in basic Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Gynecologists who want to be introduced to the new energy sources.
Fellowship in Neonatology offered by NNF
Bedi Hospital Neonatal unit is awarded level II-B accredited by NNF (National Neonatology Forum). NNF fellowship in Neonatal training commencing every year in the month of January and September.
We invite applications for fellowship courses in Neonatology for doctors and nurses commencing from January 2020.
||No. of Seats
||NNF Fellowship for Doctors
||12 months for MD/DNB & 18 months for DCH
For more details contact at Dr Vikram Bedi: 8692022534
Neonatal ICU of Bedi Hospital is a 12 bedded tertiary level unit well equipped with state of the Art equipment to provide high quality and sophisticated intensive care to critically sick new born babies. It is accredited by National Neonatology Forum. The unit has 4 Ventilators with facility of High Frequency Ventilation. There is in-house provision of Colour Doppler, Ultrasound, Blood gas analyses and laboratory services (24x7). The unit has advanced ambulance fully equipped to transport neonates upto a distance of 250 km. the transport team includes pediatrician and trained nursing staff. Bedi Hospital is a child & maternity hospital set up in 1999. It is a referral centre for high risk pregnancy, new born & premature care for government & private hospital in the tricity vicinity.
Objective of Fellowship Program
After completing the Neonatology Fellowship course the trainee will be able to
- Provide primary, secondary, and tertiary care to all newborn infants including intensive care of a high standard to the critically sick neonates and very low birth weight infants using advanced therapeutic and supportive modalities and skills. In this regard:
- 1. He/she will also be able to effectively plan therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive & promotive measures or strategies & protocols.
- 2. He/she will have the ability to set up level II and level III Neonatal units independently.
- 3. He/she will demonstrate empathy & humane approach towards patients & their families & exhibit.
- 4. He/she will exhibit communication skills of high order and demonstrate compassionate attributes in the field of Neonatology.
- 5. He / she will use and maintain the essential neonatal equipment and keep abreast with advances in neonatal care technology.
- The trainee will be able to seek analyze new literature and information on Neonatology, update the concepts, and practice evidence based Neonatology. Demonstrate adequate managerial skills.
- Participate in the community programs and at the secondary level of health system and play the assigned role in the national programs aimed at the health of mothers and their infants.
- He / she would work as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team consisting of obstetricians, neonatologists, pediatric surgeons, other doctors, nurses and grassroots functionaries providing care to the pregnant mother, the fetus and newborn in any setting of health care system.
Our NICU is managed by a team of highly experienced consultant and dedicated nursing staff.
Dr R S Bedi (DCH, MD) (Director)
Dr Vikram Bedi
Dr Deepa Arora (DCH)
Dr Fazilla Mistry (DCH)
Dr K L N Rao (MCH, Pediatric Surgeon)
Dr Tarandee Singh (MD, DM Cardiology)
Dr Nishat Bansal (DNB, FMRF, FVRF, FICO, Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon)
Dr Shikha Handa (Fellow. Neonatology)
Dr Aanchal Saini (Fellow. Neonatology)
Dr Gauri Karol (Speech & Physiotherapy)
Dr Kshitij Charaya (Pediatric ENT)
Dr Aman Gupta (Pediatric Immunology)
Dr Sumeet Dhawan (Pediatric Neurology)
Dr Arunima Chandra (Pediatric Dentistry)
The selection criteria are strictly on merit basis .The stipend is according to the recommendations by the management. There is no additional fee taken. The selection criteria are strictly on merit basis.
Duties and Responsibilities.
As fixed by institute, they will be required to perform such work as may be needed in the legitimate interest of patient care, teaching, training and research.
Details of Interview process
- Walk In – Interview
- Practical examination and interview is conducted by panel of consultants. No written examination is taken.
For more details regarding last date of application form and interview date please call on the following numbers: Dr Vikram Bedi: 8692022534